I have to give a shout-out to our Simplifynance clients. In 2019, some AMAZING families joined us. They decided that 2019 was THEIR YEAR TO TAKE BACK by getting organized, building a plan, and partnering with an advisor for the sake of their family’s progress. For most, we called it their New Year’s Resolution.
After all, saving money is one of the top five resolutions people make (and also in the top five for most commonly failed, YIKES). I just read something that said about 60% of people make New Year's resolutions but only about 8 percent of us are successful in achieving them. 😲
Simplifynance clients WERE PART OF THE 8%! That makes my heart happy. ❤️
I get so pumped up every time I think of how they blew their own expectations out of the water by tackling goals that were originally feared to be impossible. They invited us into a very personal space - one that can be messy, hectic and quite blurry. They entrusted us to build a plan, guide them through it, and hold them accountable to something that is long-term and intangible, which rarely (ok, never) gets a pat on the back or a social media thumbs up by friends and loved ones.
But they DESERVE that thumbs up, heart emoji and way more than just a pat on the back! Here are some of the things we worked through together this past year:
• Huge chunks of debt were eliminated,
• Plans were made for a new baby’s education 18 from now,
• Company retirement plans were discovered that were once yet to be aware of,
• Multiple homes were purchased and multiple homes were sold,
• Wills were established
• Fiancés became husband and wife,
• Tax dollars were saved,
• Proper insurance was put in place and families were protected,
• Investments were reallocated to align with goals,
• Household cash flow became transparent, and last but definitely not least
• Confidence and Empowerment began beaming out from everyone
Wow, 2019 was such a year of progress. So, to our Simplifynance clients - I congratulate and celebrate you and everything you accomplished this past year! I can’t wait to see what’s in store for 2020 and look forward to your continued advancement and ongoing momentum in your planning goals.
If your 2020 New Year’s resolution is to focus on your finances, let’s get this party started. You know where to find me.