In this episode of the Simplifynance podcast, host Rachel Stewart, financial advisor, talks to Ava Grace about her experience of investing young. Ava is only 10 years-old, in the fifth grade, and already has clear goals for her investments.
● 0:40- Ava Grace is a 10-year old investor with a financial advisor
● 1:25- How did Ava decide to get an investment account
● 1:49- What does Ava think is the hardest thing about investing
● 2:34- What are Ava’s plans for her investments
● 2:56- What has she learned about investing
● 3:58- Why is it important for kids to understand investments
3 Key Points:
1. You’re never to young to learn about investing.
2. Buy low sell high is Ava’s takeaway from her expereince
3. Accept that investments can fluctuate.
- “One of the things I do as a Simplifynance financial advisor is encourage clients to start soon on their plans so they can hopefully finish strong in the end.” –Rachel.
- “I have two things I want to do with it (investment account). Donate to charity, specifically Charity Water, and hopefully go to Stanford.” – Ava.
- “I have one advisor that I talk to every day, and that is my Dad. And the other one I see about every two months.” – Ava
Check the background of your financial professional on FINRA's BrokerCheck. Securities and advisory services offered through Cetera Advisors LLC, member FINRA, SIPC, a broker/dealer and Registered Investment Advisor. Cetera is under separate ownership from any other named entity.
Individuals affiliated with Cetera firms are either Registered Representatives who offer only brokerage services and receive transaction-based compensation(commissions), Investment Adviser Representatives who offer only investment advisory services and receive fees based on assets, or both Registered Representatives and Investment Adviser Representatives, who can offer both types of services.
This site is published for residents of the United States only. Registered Representatives of Cetera Advisors LLC may only conduct business with residents of the states and/or jurisdictions in which they are properly registered. Not all of the products and services referenced on this site may be available in every state and through every representative listed. For additional information please contact the contact the representative(s) listed on the site, visit the Cetera Advisors LLC site at www.ceteraadvisors.com.